Friday, March 10, 2006

Can someone teach me a good easter song?

Easter is easily my favorite NSC (non-stacy-celebrated) holiday, for purely selfish reasons. Ramadan and Kwanzaa just don't offer anything for me. But easter...oh easter...

For starters, I laugh inside my head everytime I see houses that have hung those fluorescent eggs from strings on their trees. It just looks downright silly, there's no better word for it. Eggs on trees?? Eggs aren't supposed to be on trees! I don't see too many (or any at all) in the ol' P Square, but back near home they rule the suburbs.

But easily the reason why I love easter so much is the candy. Valentine's day candy is great, but besides the candy hearts, it's essentially the same candy that's here all year round, except in cupid shapes, or the color pink. But when easter rolls around, I find myself unable to get enough of the cadbury eggs, the malted eggs, and the peeps. Lately peeps are offered at most holidays, shaped like pumpkins or christmas trees, but there's nothing quite like the original yellow baby chicks. I don't know why they don't sell cadbury eggs year round. And I can't figure out how they get the yellow to stay in the middle and not mix with the white. Just some of the mysteries of this world, I guess.


"Peep, peep, eat me all in one sitting," is what they cry out.


I'm drooling


It's 63 degrees out right now. But...

It's 83 on Sanibel :)

No comments: