Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mr. Golden Sun (is stuck in my head)

Last night Caitlin took me to my first "punk rock" concert at the paradise. I saw Ted Leo & the pharmacists, and it was ok! I was a little thrown off at first when I walked in and wasn't greeted by a bunch of 17 year olds, and that's when I knew this was going to be different from a Stephen Kellogg performance.



Ted Leo was good...not really that much different from some of the stuff I'd ordinarily listen to. The opening bands though...ugh, that was a totally different story. There were three of them, and between all of those people in the bands, maybe 3 of them had washed their hair within the last 4 days. YUM.

I woke up not once, but twice last night because of a cramp in my leg. You know that feeling, where you're pretty sure it would be less painful to have your leg cut off with a chainsaw and just die from the blood loss? I don't know why, since I've avoided outside exercise (er, my only form of exercise) like the plague the last few weeks because it's been so cold out. But my leg still is sore this afternoon, so I've been in a reclining position for most of the day. Uh, yeah...that's why I've been watching the Academy Award pre-show since noon...


One week from right now I'll be beginning to throw my flip flops and tank tops and skirts into my suitcase, getting ready for vacation!! Here's what next Monday's forecast looks like on the island...
Mon Mar 13 Sunny
81°/62




This is how the forecast makes me feel.

No comments: