Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This is what it's like to be inside my head.

I should be tired.

It's 1 am.

And I need to be up at 6:35 tomorrow. Or today actually.

But I've got 874 things going on in my head right now. I still can't figure out why my brain likes to be sedentary from 8am until 10:30pm, and then really get cranking just as I've been kicked out of my roommates' room for the third time and am finally ready to go to bed.

One week from now I'll be lying in bed on an island. I'm so so so so so excited. But for now, I'm in my winter pajama outfit of socks (non-dressy), fleece pants, a long sleeve shirt, and a short sleeve shirt. I spent the first hour of trying to fall asleep thinking about school work and other school & job related stuff. But the last 30 minutes were spent figuring out what to pack and what I'm going to wear in Sanibel. So then, since I was starting to get a little antsy from being in bed for so long, I decided 12:30 was the perfect time to start packing. But then I took one look at my drawers, and realized I've got so many tops in there that I haven't worn in over 2 years, that I've lugged from Union, to home, to Porter Square. So I thought 12:33 would be the perfect time to sort through my clothes! This is shaping up to be the most productive non-sleeping night I've had in awhile. I've got a pile going that could clothe a large family! (Large as in many people in the family, not large as in a family of morbidly obese people).

So then I thought realistically about beginning to pack, and I ran into several issues, the biggest of which is the fact that my suitcase is on the highest shelf in the pantry, and I'm pretty sure if I tried to get it down, Gillian would hear the noise and freak out about the lack of locks keeping her safe from the Somerville Scary People, and come at me with a shard of glass from her Gamma Phi cup.


Sure, she looks all chummy here, but I have a feeling she'd be pretty vicious toward an attacker.

Anyway, I made my Sanibel List of everything I need to pack, and I'm pretty sure that's the earliest I've ever made my list. I can almost guarantee though that I'll actually begin to pack around 11 next sunday night, which will be super since we have to leave for the plane around 4:30am on monday.


One week till I'm on this beach :)

No comments: