Monday, August 08, 2005

Happy Birthday, Caits!

The birthdays just keep rolling on by. Before we know it, I'll be sitting in my rocker announcing that so-and-so just turn 103.

Today my friends is the 23rd birthday of a very special Caitlin Ann.

Caitlin taught me all there is to know about managing curly hair. She knows just what product combinations work well, and how to casually fluff her hair when random people in the bank tell her how nice it is. Until I became friends with Caitlin, I thought bangs were a good idea.

Caitlin never lets a party go by without a pinata.


Caitlin is a dependable, caring friend. She'll do anything to help you out. She'll even dress up in ridiculous outfits if you ask her to.


Caitlin kept me sane during senior year of high school. She sat next to me in AP English and reassured me that I didn't need to read Heart of Darkness to write the paper ("Rivets?!") and that it's OK if I'm not speechless after watching Apocalypse Now, which is, for the record, a lousy movie. Even more, she was my lab partner in chemistry and always seemed to remember to bring our daily snack when I forgot. I thought we were both in the same boat, hating chemistry more than life itself, but then Caitlin got all smart in college and became like a credit short of a chem minor.

Caitlin is an overachiever when it comes to the kitchen. She'll make her own roasted red peppers, and chicken with ingredients that most people can't pronounce.


Caitlin is surprisingly hip and cool and into modern ammenities even though she lived in Maine for 7 years, she survived a date with a guy who admires Bill O'Reilly, she trusts me around needles, knows more than anyone about food, invites me to Sox games (even ALCS Game 3 vs. Yankees), and will go to the beach with me at 8:30 in the morning.

She's a great friend, one of the most genuinely nice people you'll ever meet, and she's getting old. Happy Birthday, Caitlin!

No comments: