Monday, August 15, 2005

Ribbit

Shortly after lunch today, I put the 2 year old I was babysitting in her crib for her nap. The parents have a bedtime routine that I'm supposed to do, which involves a diaper change, a book, and a song--twinkle twinkle little star. But when I started singing, she requested the frog song that I sing to her once in awhile ("5 little speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log, eating some most delicious bugs-YUM YUM! One jumped into the pool, where it was nice and cool, now there are four green speckled frogs--RIBBIT RIBBIT!") There's no half-assing this song, if you're gonna sing it, you've gotta ribbit like you mean it. So I did.

Then I walked downstairs through the living room where 6 painters were working today, and one said something along the lines of, "I like frog songs." I then realized to my horror that I had turned on the baby monitor earlier, and the whole half dozen workers got to hear my rendition of my favorite song from girl scouts.

I think I'm going to lie down to watch the Sox. The smell from the corn dogs that my roommate made for the second night in a row is getting to my head. But they sure did look delicious (I have to say that or she'll hit me).

No comments: