Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I have clean hands

So two cool things to share tonight.

First, my roommate is so cool. I wanted to buy her a present from my trip, and I had my heart set on a lighter that said "Austin," because I watched her countless amounts of times flirting with a boy of the same name in Chet's, as well as returning the next morning with bruises all over her boobs. (She wasn't hit, the guy just thought they were detachable). Anyway I thought it would be funny and witty with its double meanings. But then I realized I couldn't pack a lighter in my suitcase. So on my drive back to Porter Square today I stopped in at Trader Joe's and bought her a raspberry fruit leather.

So I sort of felt bad when I gave her the fruit leather and Kate surprised me with an "end of the summer" present. You know those cool zen gardens that you rake the sand around in?


Well, she topped that. It's a beach themed zen garden. Check it out.

Complete with a bouncy beach ball, cooler to hold miller lite, folding beach chair and umbrella, sunglasses, sandals, shells, and fish!


And you can rake the sand too!


In other cool inventions, I learned of a new Jetson's-like way to clean your hands. This weekend we went to a BBQ restaurant in Austin. It's really neat because you order ribs and pork and stuff by the pound, and they put it in a crate for you and give you butcher's paper for plates, and you eat it outside on long picnic tables. But since it's messy and you use your hands, before you get in line to order, you can use the hand washing station. You stick your hands in, and water sprays around your hands in a circle for like 10 seconds. Like a car wash!

But the best part is, after you use it, you get a sticker!


I took three.

No comments: