Thursday, April 06, 2006

01:02:03 04-05-06

Today at three seconds into 1:02, the date was 01 02 03 04 05 06. I think that's neat. I was really looking forward to that actual moment, but then I forgot and missed it. What can you do.

So, I sort of figured out my life, at least for the next 24 hours or so. The good news is I'm no longer thinking of killing myself, which briefly ran through my head when I realized last night that that I was supposed to give a major presentation tonight, but still had to essentially start a big project that was also due tonight.

I stayed up until about 3:30am last night, and it's amazing how well I work under pressure. That paper easily could have taken me weeks if I had given myself enough time, but I wrote about 11 pages (SINGLE SPACED!) in about 5 hours, which I'm pretty sure is my record. I briefly started my presentation, and for a little while even considered not sleeping and just half-assing it today. But in the end, I realized that I could probably make a powerpoint presentation and get that all set, but the sheer logistics of making a packet of information for everyone and going to staples to get it copied, finding educator resources to display and talk about, getting a bunch of children's books to discuss, and getting materials for an activity I wanted to include just wasn't going to happen, especially without any sleep. So, I napped for a few hours and decided my presentation would just have to wait for another week.


I'm a pretty bad liar. But I was overly impressed with myself this morning when I called and left a message for my professor explaining my sickness and apologizing for screwing over her scheduling plans. I purposely called within 2 minutes of rolling out of bed, so my voice sounded all funny and I was kind of out of it. I realized at a few moments during my message that I wasn't being entirely coherent, like when I couldn't remember my phone number. Even if she doesn't believe me, I hope she at least nominates me for an Oscar next fall. Unfortunately, my second class tonight has 4 or 5 people from my first class where I will be noticably absent, so I also had to make a phone call to that professor to again explain the situation and email my paper to her....but that means that I've got the night off! I should be actually using the time to do my presentation, but we'll see. I'm tired, and I've been thinking so much today about my made up sickness that I've sort of convinced myself that I might actually have a stomach bug. I should probably just take it easy.

And that, my friends, is the run-down of my life. Consider yourself up to date.

No comments: