Monday, April 03, 2006

OPENING DAY

I went to the dentist this morning, and they told me nice job with the brushing, and commented that I must not be a big candy eater (really?!), and, for about the 8th time in a row, told me my wisdom teeth need come out. I can promise that my wisdom teeth will not be coming out unless they figure out a way to give me a pill that just dissolves them. But every six months we go through our little routine, where the dentist tells me that one of them is coming in (in case I didn't notice the chunk of tooth poking out?) and they hand me another referral to the oral surgeon. I should start collecting all of my referrals. Joke's on you mr. fluoride...I'm not giving you my teeth.

My trip to the dentist coincided nicely with the sox opener though, because curt schilling's house is on my way to the dentist so i wished him luck in his start (even though I know he's down in texas). So far I think it's working. Add another superstition to the list.

I noticed that lately I've been eating WAY more junk food and candy than any human being should. I think dieticians around the world would cry. Right now in the apartment we've got an outstanding selction of homemade chocolate chip pie, cake, cupcakes, jellybeans, and the standard chocolate. And it's beginning to show (see "look at that ass!" post from a few days ago). I've also been really lousy at running consistently because it's way to easy to make excuses and not go. So I decided I need something to be accountable for, and I decided that I'm going to run my first ever 5k at the end of June. I know a 5k isn't that impressive, but it definitely would be tough for me right now, and considering that I hate running, I think it'll feel like a good accomplishment to get to the point where I can actually run it and not die. And in the mean time, I'll be able to get in better shape. Plus, I used to tape my college roommate's race number from track meets to my back because I thought they were cool, and I'm really excited about getting my very own number. So yeah, that's my plan. I thought by writing it here I'll be even more likely to actually follow through with it, since now people know, and it'll be more embarrassing if I just say "screw it" and continue feeding my sugar addiction. Plus, now you can let me know if you have some good running tips to help me get in better shape!

No comments: