Monday, April 17, 2006

happy patriots day!

There's nothing quite like patriot's day in massachusetts. I was watching the sox and sucking down my first beer in Kenmore square at 11am this morning, along with swarms of other people who got the day off. Helen, Caits, and I watched a great sox game & then headed outside just in time to see the Kenyans run by. This was the second year that I've staked out a spot right by the sign that marks 1 mile left to go. It's a fun spot because some of the "everyday" runners are looking like they're about to die, and they get a big smile when the crowd starts yelling for them. We saw some good outfits on some of the less serious runners, like a guy in a pink tutu, and two guys who juggled the whole way to set a record. It gave me a lot of motivation to get serious about running...of course my goals are slightly less lofty than 26.2 miles...I just don't know how people do it. I'm pretty sure bodies aren't supposed to run that long. I still got really excited about getting home and going running...but then my feet got tired from standing so long, and my hands were even sore and I was tired from all of the clapping & yelling.

No comments: