Wednesday, April 05, 2006

oh my god

I've screwed myself over a lot of times in my 19 years as a student, since I have a real tendency to put off what can be done 1 hour before something's due. But tonight I think I outdid even myself.

I have 2 classes on Wednesday. One from 4-7, and one from 7-10. I have this really big paper/project thing due in the second class tomorrow night. Naturally, I waited until tonight to start. I figured I can get it done tomorrow, and if need be, I'll skip my 4-7 class.

No problem.

But just for kicks, cause I was getting antsy at my computer around 9:30 tonight, I decided to get up and check the date of this huge presentation I'm giving in my 4-7 Wednesday class. I was pretty sure it was one of the last 2 weeks of April, so I wanted to find out whether it was 3 weeks away, or whether it was only 2 weeks and I therefore needed to get moving. I found my assignment sheet, and there at the top I had written: April 5. And then I died. This presentation is huge. Like HUGE. Like 30-35 minutes, handing out packets of info to everyone in the class, annotated bibliography, and much more fun stuff that I don't care to go into. So now it's 10:30, and since I've spent the last hour saying more swears than I think I've ever said in my life, I have 2 projects, which, even alone, I think would be a tight squeeze to get just one done on time for tomorrow.

So now I'm debating...do I stay up most of the night and just plug through, sleep for a couple of hours in the morning and finish up before going to class, delivering a less than impressive presentation, then going to my second class to hand in my project? Or do I work for a bit tonight, sleep, and call my 4-7 professor in the morning to tell her how I've gotten this awful stomach thing going on and can't do my presentation unless she's alright with me puking on the people who sit near the front of the room? Oh my god, I think I'm going to die.

No comments: