Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Fishy fishy

This has gotta be quick because I need to be in my bed but...

I am so morbidly fascinated yet creeped out by David Blaine's newest stunt. (And by the way, as weird as he is, he has it totally figured out where he can just sit around thinking up new tricks to do to make a living.) I was so excited to watch him try to hold his breath underwater for 9 minutes, and I even tried it along with him for about 30 seconds before I gave up, gasping for air. But, at just after 7 minutes his body started convulsing and air bubbles were coming out (which I learned from the "doctor" and "scientist" who talked for an hour before that those were signs he was about to lose consciousness) I was sort of freaked out. It was like survival of the fittest on our couch as we watched....with Kate retreating to her room before he even went under, and Gillian and I screaming and turning away when his body started to die a little bit. I get a kick out of watching that Japanese show (I can't remember its name) that has the contestants doing really weird games and it's dubbed over with commentators saying stupid things in English...but I laugh at it mostly because I'm thinking, "They have the weirdest things to watch on tv in those other countries!" And then I go and spend an hour watching a man in a fish tank.

No comments: