Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day

I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this, but I briefly forgot the purpose of the past 2 days of poolside fun until an electronic billboard flashing on the Pike on my drive back tonight very bluntly reminded me why we bbq-ed all weekend.

It was a fantastic unofficial start to the summer, starting with Earthfest at the Hatch Shell on Saturday afternoon, and ending with s'mores over our gas stove & black raspberry ice cream tonight. In between, I spent some quality time out in the 'burbs, enjoying a Memorial Day party with some family and friends Sunday afternoon & night, followed by an 8:20am to 6 pm pool day today. I'm a little sad that this 80 and 90 degree weather will be gone tomorrow and I have to go back to entertaining rugrats and babies with exploding diarrhea.

Thanks to KW for taking tons of pictures all day!

















No comments: