Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Oh. My. God.

It's still raining. But, it stopped briefly around noon today. And as I was driving home from babysitting, the sun didn't actually come out, but one layer of clouds was starting to break up, so the sky actually brightened. My eyes didn't know what to do. I hear tomorrow's going to be 70 and sunny. I'll believe it when I see it. It's been a good week and a half with rain every day and no sight of the sun. Babysitting has been horrendous because I get stuck inside with them, and they've all been cooped up for way too long. I end up inventing weird games that are a combination of Simon Says and a game that I used to love called "Spud," but the game's real purpose is to have "Simon" tell the kids run to the door and back very often to get out some of the energy. However, flooding is more exciting than I thought it would be. Mostly because I'm on the 2nd floor & not very worried about my stuff getting wet.

My room is a disaster. The whole apartment is in need of a good vacuuming and dusting, at least. But it's pouring and cloudy and that sort of makes me want to put on some pjs...


Back at school, Jeff & Kate don't leave the house without appropriate rain gear

Oh and one more thing. I was looking through some of my pictures online, and I noticed that the flag is half-staff during Union graduation. Anyone remember why? I can't remember who died or what happened & it's bugging me.

Exhibit A:

No comments: